- Limited Site Content License: Except as provided in Section 1.4 below, Elasticsearch grants you the limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-exclusive right to use the Site and the associated Elasticsearch Content and Third Party Content (collectively, “Site Content”) by displaying the Site Content on your computer, and downloading and printing pages from the Site under the condition that (i) such activity is solely for your personal, education or other non-commercial use, (ii) you do not modify or prepare derivative works from the Site Content, (iii) you do not obscure, alter or remove any notice of copyright set forth on any Site pages or Site Content, (iv) you do not otherwise reproduce, re-distribute or publicly display any of the Site Content and (v) you do not copy any Site Content to any other media or other storage format.
- User Content: If you elect to display, post, submit or otherwise make available to others, on the Site any content or works of authorship, including, without limitation, images, software, audio files, text, or any other materials (collectively, “User Content”), you hereby grant to Elasticsearch a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license, including the right to grant sublicenses to third parties, to use, reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works from and distribute such User Content, for any purpose. In addition, you hereby irrevocably represent and warrant to Elasticsearch that (i) you have all necessary power, authority, right, title and/or licenses to grant to Elasticsearch the foregoing right and license and (ii) the posting, submission, display by you of User Content on the Site, and the exercise by Elasticsearch of the foregoing license does not and will not (1) violate any law or (2) infringe any intellectual property right of any third party. You hereby irrevocably agree to indemnify, defend and hold Elasticsearch, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all loss, costs, damages, liabilities and expenses arising out of or related to any third party claim resulting from a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
- Software: To the extent that the Site contains Elasticsearch Content or Third Party Content that is software available for download (“Software”), such Software is subject to, and your use of such Software is governed by, an applicable license agreement (each a “License Agreement”) accompanying, provided with, linked to or embedded in, such Software. You may not use any Software unless you first read and agree to all of the terms and conditions of the applicable License Agreement. ANY SOFTWARE AVAILABLE ON THE SITE IS WARRANTED, IF AT ALL, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE APPLICABLE LICENSE AGREEMENT. EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THE APPLICABLE LICENSE AGREEMENT, OR TO THE EXTENT NOT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ELASTICSEARCH EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Trademarks: All trademarks, service marks and logos included on the Site (“Marks”) are the property of Elasticsearch or third parties, and you may not use such Marks without the express, prior written consent of Elasticsearch or the applicable third party.
- Monitoring of Site Content: Elasticsearch may, but is not obligated to, monitor Site Content, User Content and your use of the Site. Elasticsearch reserves the right to accept, reject or modify any Site Content or User Content, but assumes no liability based on its acceptance, rejection, modification or failure to modify any Site Content or User Content.
Your Use of the Site
- Submission of User Content: In connection with your use of the Site, you agree not to submit any User Content which (i) is unlawful, (ii) violates any right of publicity or invades the privacy of others, (iii) constitutes obscene, pornographic, indecent, profane or otherwise objectionable material, (iv) is discriminatory, hateful or bigoted toward, or abusive of, any group or individual, (v) is libelous or defamatory or (vi) violates any applicable law or government regulation.
- Prohibited Conduct: You may not use the Site to post, transmit or link to (i) any advertisement, promotional materials or solicitation related to any product or service that is competitive with Elasticsearch products or services or (ii) software or programs which contain any harmful code, including, but not limited to, viruses, worms, time bombs or Trojan horses. You may not deploy to the Site any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other application designed to retrieve, index, “data mine,” information from the Site.
- Registered Users: If you become a registered user of the Site in order to gain access to support or other limited access parts of the Site, you agree (i) that the information you provide to Elasticsearch in connection with your registration will be current, complete and accurate, (ii) not to choose a user name that violates any law or the intellectual property rights of others, or is offensive; provided that Elasticsearch reserves the right to reject the use of any user name for any reason or no reason, (iii) not to transfer, sell, convey or assign the right to use the Site to any third party without the prior written consent of Elasticsearch and (iv) not to permit any third party to use your user name and password to access the Site. You further agree that you are responsible for the conduct of any party that uses your account, whether or not authorized by you, and for any breach of the security of the Site related to the use of your user name and/or password.
- Indemnification: You hereby irrevocably agree to indemnify, defend and hold Elasticsearch, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all losses, costs, damages, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to you use of the Site.
- Export Control: You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you understand and acknowledge that some Site Content may be subject to export, re-export and import restrictions under applicable law, (ii) you will not use the Site or any Site Content in a manner that violates the U.S. Export Administration Act of 1979 and the regulations of the U.S. Department of Commerce and (iii) you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country to which the United States has embargoed goods.
Elasticsearch’s obligations, if any, with regard to its products and services are governed solely by the agreements pursuant to which they are provided, and nothing on this Website should be construed to alter such agreements.
Elasticsearch may make changes to any products or services offered on the Website, or to the applicable prices for any such products or services, at any time, without notice. The materials on the Website with respect to products and services may be out of date, and Elasticsearch makes no commitment to update the materials on the Website with respect to such products and services.
Accounts, Security and Passwords
Certain features or services offered on or through the Website may require you to open an account. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your password, and for any and all activity that occurs under your account. You agree to notify Elasticsearch immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. However, you may be held liable for losses incurred by Elasticsearch or any other user of or visitor to the Website due to someone else using your ID, password or account.
You may not use anyone else’s ID, password or account at any time without the express permission and consent of the holder of that ID, password or account. Elasticsearch cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- Warranty Disclaimer: THE SITE AND THE SITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED STRICTLY ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND ELASTICSEARCH MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR THE SITE CONTENT IS COMPLETE, SUITABLE FOR YOUR PURPOSE, OR ACCURATE. ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS, ELASTICSEARCH HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE AND THE SITE CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFIRNGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO RESULTS OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE SITE CONTENT RESTS WITH YOU AND ELASTICSEARCH MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE SITE AVAILABILITY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, OR THE SITE AND/OR THE SITE CONTENT WILL BE ERROR FREE.
- Limitation of Liability: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT ELASTICSEARCH SHALL NOT BE LIABILE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED TO YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR STATUTORY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OR PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR FOR ANY COST OF COVER OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES), EVEN IF ELASTICSEARCH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY UNDER WHICH DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT, WHETHER IN BREACH OF CONTRACT OR IN TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE.
By submitting ideas, feedback, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals (“Contributions”) to Elasticsearch through its suggestion or feedback webpages, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) Elasticsearch is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) Elasticsearch shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) Elasticsearch may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) your Contributions automatically become the property of Elasticsearch without any obligation of Elasticsearch to you; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from Elasticsearch under any circumstances.
Location of Site and Your Use
Elasticsearch operates or controls the operation of this Site from offices in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. In addition, the Site may be mirrored, and other websites operated or controlled by Elasticsearch may be located, at various locations in and outside of The Netherlands. Elasticsearch makes no representation or warranty that all of the features of this Site will be available to you outside of The Netherlands, or that they are permitted to be accessed outside of The Netherlands. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any decision by you to use of this Site from other locations, and that such use may be subject to, and that you are responsible for, compliance with applicable local laws.